FAQ FOR ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST (EPT)
Q 1 : What is the purpose of the EPT?
To place students in the appropriate English language levels
Q 2 : Who must sit for the EPT?
All Undergraduate and Postgraduate students MUST SIT for EPT except those who fulfil the criteria for exemption
Q 3 : Who can be EXEMPTED from sitting for the EPT?
Exemption from the EPT is only given to:
- Students who had their First/Master/PHD Degree from English Speaking Countries namely UK, USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
- Students who produce valid IELTS (Academic) or TOEFL qualifications (must not exceed 2 years from the date stated on the certificate)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- International Baccalaureate Standard Level (SL)
- European Baccalaureate
Q 4 : What is the procedure to ask for exemption from the EPT?
FACE TO FACE
Please go to Testing & Measurement Unit (TEMU) Office at Level 2, CELPAD with the original document and a copy of:
- – Offer letter from IIUM
- – Bachelor/ Master degree
- – Full transcript
- – IELTS (Academic)or TOEFL results
- – Other academic qualifications
Please forward all the documents listed above or any inquiries you have regarding the EPT to: email@example.com
Q 5 : Is TOEFL ITP accepted?
No, TOEFL ITP is not accepted. This is because TOEFL ITP is an institutional test. The results are typically not used outside of the institution administering the test.
Q 6 : Is IELTS General Training results accepted?
No. CELPAD ONLY accepts IELTS Academic module as it better fits the needs of students wanting to pursue their academic study in an English-speaking environment or university (higher education). The General Training module, on the other hand, is normally taken by those applying to study below degree level.
Q 7 : I graduated from a local branch of a university that is based in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand for example University of Nottingham Malaysia. Do I need to sit for the EPT?
Yes you do. To be exempted, you need to have completed your studies in a university located in the native countries stated, not a local branch of the university from the said countries.
Q 8 : Are there any notes on the skills tested in the EPT made available online?
Yes, there are notes available for candidates. Please refer to: