IIUM ANGKLUNG CLUB
IIUM Angklung Club (IAC) is one of the traditional music clubs under the management of the Center for Arts & Cultural Sustainable Development (CiTRA) IIUM. The aforesaid club has been established in the year 2003 and a professional trainer from Indonesia, Bapak Mochamad Dadang had been appointed as the official trainer for the club for more than a decade. Currently, the numbers of active members who regularly participate in the club’s shows and programs are approximately 100 members. The numbers might seem lacking compared to others but as a club with music as nature, it is an unavoidable case as a close-knit relationship is needed thus the recruitment of the members is often limited resulting in a smaller number of members. The IAC club offers various types of event performances for the services such as a formal event, wedding reception, birthday celebration, and annual dinner. Some of the prominent performances by the club are when the IAC was invited to perform ‘live’ on Wanita Hari Ini (TV3) and also in front of the Minister of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry.
***The organizational chart will be updated soon.
- Busking Performance at Craft Celebration, Pasar Seni.
- The Busking Project at Taman Layang-Layang, Metropolitan Kepong. November
- Angklung Performance for Hari Toleransi Sedunia 2017
- Live performance at Wanita Hari Ini (WHI) TV3.
- Performer for Culture Night, Prince of Songkla University. October
- Culture Performance for Exchange Students Programme. December
- Angklung Performance for National Farmers Organization (NAFAS) Annual Grand Meeting at Everly Hotel Putrajaya
- Collaboration Program with IIUM Caring Club – Mayang Outreach North 1.0 & Sayang 2018
Live Performance at Wanita Hari Ini (WHI) TV3
Opening Ceremony Sayang 2018
The Star Newspaper : 10 April 2017